Doxy.me (doc SEE me) is a telehealth provider that serves care providers and patients. I worked at doxy.me about two years as Lead Developer on their marketing site.
My biggest contribution was a full rebuild of their main site. It was no small feat, taking over 6 months from start to finish.
The need for a rebuild was evident, and I told management I knew how to build things properly from the ground up with performance in mind.
The previous site:
- used page builders resulting in terrible performance
- had not evolved with the explosive growth the company experienced in 2020.
- Was using an off-the-shelf theme not optimized for their use case
The site I re-built used:
- Built in Wordpress blocks, and custom ones
- Custom Wordpress theme based off "_s", a very robust boilerplate theme tailored to developers
- Performant vanilla JS, without the need for bulky libraries like jQuery
Overall, I had a great experience working with doxy.me and their team! They have made changes to the site I had built, but as of this writing in 2023, all but the homepage are still using my framework.